PiXeL Gaming and Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Home of ::PiXeL Gaming::

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PiXeL Gaming will be back soon for the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Most active topics
Three word Story....
ICN Tourney
Need suggestions.....
PS4 anyone?
iCn Free Tournament 5/29
PiXL Clan Members Meeting
Name Suggestions
Practice Tonight?
Ghosts coming soon
Xbox One&PS4
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of PiXeL Gaming and Clan on your social bookmarking website

I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NolaTree

NolaTree

I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Empty
PostSubject: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am

Ok folks,So I've decided to splurge and buy myself a new gaming monitor.Now,with all of the options available in this category these days,I'm a little hesitant to just say"Should I buy this one or that one?"I want to hear everyone's opinion.

The only specs that truly matter to me are this..

1.)Less than $200
2.)Has an HDMI input
3.)1920x1080 Resolution
4.)5ms or less response time

For those who are very technically adept...

1.)Are IPS monitors that much of an improvement over TN monitors to justify the extra cost?

2.)I know that the Xbox operates at a maximum of a 65hz refresh rate,will the Xbox One/PS4 operate at the higher 120hz,making the purchase of a monitor that can handle that necessary?

Thanks for any and all help that you all can throw my way!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NolaTree
Munoz91

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 am

TN monitors normally have a better response times, while the IPS will have better color. For gaming, especially multiplayer you should stick with a TN. If you were mainly a single player (Skyrim etc) gamer the better colors in the IPS would be better for you. But you definitely want the lower response time.

I don't think anything has been released talking about the max refresh rate for the Xbox One, and I can't find anything after doing some research.

I think the one you showed me in the chatbox earlier would be your best bet that meets all you're criteria. If your going to spend more than that you might as well go all out because the differences between the one you picked and others between that price and 200 will be minimal.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks Munoz! <3
Back to top Go down
The Twinky Man

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 am

I got a Ben q 24in off amazon for $180 

Has 1080p 
2 HDMI 
A 1ms response 

If I can find it I'll post the link
Back to top Go down
The Twinky Man

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am

Nvm I must have bought it wen it was on sale. I went back into my history and it is $219 now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HSKSMI/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1371042687&sr=8-5&pi=SL75

That's the link anyways for what I'm running.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks Dob!I think I'm going to go with..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

The difference from 2ms to 1ms seems pretty marginal,and I like the contrast ratio on the Asus.

Only thing I'm really worried about is if the Xbox One comes out with a 120hz refresh rate,but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it haha.
Back to top Go down
The Twinky Man

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 am

Yea thats a good one. That was one of the monitrors was looking at. And yes u can't tell the difference between a 1 ms and 2 ms response time.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

If I get it through Amazon its only 120 after rebate,and I can get 3.99 overnight shipping.Pretty Pumped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)   I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need your help!(Very Technical Computer Questions Being Asked)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PiXeL Gaming and Clan :: Clan and Member Announcements :: General Discussion-
Jump to: