PiXeL Gaming and Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Home of ::PiXeL Gaming::

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PiXeL Gaming will be back soon for the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Most active topics
Three word Story....
ICN Tourney
Need suggestions.....
PS4 anyone?
iCn Free Tournament 5/29
PiXL Clan Members Meeting
Name Suggestions
Practice Tonight?
Ghosts coming soon
Xbox One&PS4
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of PiXeL Gaming and Clan on your social bookmarking website

MLG Spring Championships

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Munoz91

MLG Spring Championships Empty
PostSubject: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:30 am

MLG Spring Championships in Anaheim are this weekend. A lot of interesting story lines going into the Black Ops 2 tournament if you follow that kind of stuff. Most matches are streamed on mlg.com and on Twitch.tv both online and on the 360 app. Matches begin today and continue until Sunday. Just opening this thread up as a discussion place. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:07 pm

nV or coL will win,Impact will finish top-3 but most likely won't win because they haven't done shit for practice and are going out drinking every night,and OpTiC will be fighting just to finish top-4,they look like shit.Evil are good individually but not sure they can bring it together as a team,VVV will make a good run,but they need to prove they aren't just online warriors.Should be interesting to see how the two european teams do,i know prophecy smacked OpTiC yesterday pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NolaTree
Munoz91

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 pm

My top 4 prediction is:
1. coL - Probably the hottest team going into Anaheim besides vVv, but have the lan experience vVv lacks. All depends on how Teepee plays.
2. nV - nV curse is real lol
3. Optic - Can't ever pick against them lol, most people would have told you you were nuts if you picked them top 3 at Champs, but they pulled it off. I think they fall to nV in winners bracket but battle back through losers. (If they somehow lose to Evil round 1, vVv will probably take their spot in top 4)
4. Impact - Haven't practiced nearly enough and every other team has gotten much better. They won't make it 5 in a row.

There are 3 really good games streamed tonight. I believe Curse vs. Dare starts the night at 7 pm, followed by the Faze matchup and finishing off with the best first round matchup of the tournament Evil vs Optic late at night, probably midnight est.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm

I love OpTiC,but I honestly cannot pick them top-3.They haven't practiced,and when they have practiced against decent teams,they've gotten smacked in the mouth.They still can't play Hardpoint,and their SnD game isn't a sure-win like it was going into CoD Champs.They definitely have the talent to make a run,but I just don't see it happening this tournament.Especially if they drop to Evil right off the bat tonight,that will make things really tough.

nV vs coL really can't be predicted.I'll say coL because with Clayster,they finally have an AR who is up to the standards of a top-3 team.TeePee is a solid OBJ,and Aches and Crimsx have probably been the best slayers in the game other than Karma and Killa.It's really tough betting against an nV squad that has the intelligence of Ray behind it,along with what is probably the best two AR's in the game in Proofy and JKap.Kap has been using the M8 throughout this entire game,he never picked up the FAL.No one can touch him with that gun.Would be an AR-Heavy nV team versus the subs of coL,would make for a really good match.

Impact can always kick it up a notch for LAN's just like OpTiC,they've shown that during BO2.They also have the intimidation factor going for them,where they've only lost a single match during the entire Bo2 lifecycle.However,they haven't practiced,when they do practice its not against top teams,and their whole team is more concerned with spending their CoD Champs money(Killa),getting drunk(Killa/Karma) or chasing e-girls(Karma/Parasite).

At the end of the day,who knows.It will come down to the team that gets some clutch wins.Should be a great tournament.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:00 pm

OpTic on LAN though is WAY different than the OpTic online...They prove it time and time again. If BigTymer and Merk can go huge I believe that they will be top 3.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Yea,they've been playing on LAN all week.Still got smacked by Prophecy lol.
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:20 pm

For anyone curious the top 4 has been decided, although no order yet. The final 4 remaining teams are: Impact, Complexity, Optic, and Curse. Optic is about the play Curse in the loser bracket finals and the winner will play the loser of Impact vs. Complexity for a shot at the Grand Finals vs the Impact/coL winner. Games are starting soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 am

They need to fix these brackets. It is very confusing to figure out who is the winner. So it goes Complexity 1st, Icons Impact 2nd, Optic 3rd, Curse 4th. Optic beat Curse to play against Impact (the loser of the winners bracket, but Icons gets spotted 3 matches?) and Impact won. So it was Impact vs coL for the finals. I know who won, but the whole spotting matches thing threw me off.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:54 pm

They didn't get spotted 3 matches,they won 3 matches.Impact and OpTic played in the winner's semi's,and Impact 3-0'd Optic.Optic then won their way to the Loser's Finals,where they faced Impact again.Once in the Loser's finals or Grand Finals,if the two teams had faced before,it essentially picks up the series where it left off.

Impact had to try and overcome the same thing,they lost to coL 3-1 in the Winner's Finals,before being beat 6-2 in the Grand Finals.They also overcame a deficit at CoD Champs to beat EnvyUS.It's a common rule in eSports in double-elimination tournaments to reward the team who won the first matchup.

As for placement,Figuring out 1-4 is fairly easy.1 being the winner,2 being the runner up,3 being the loser in the Loser's finals,and 4 being the team that lost to 3 in order to get into loser's finals.After that,placement isn't set,but grouped.So 5/6 would be the teams that lost to Optic and Curse(Faze/Unite)7/8 would be the teams that lost to Faze and Unite(VVV/Someone else),and then the bracket expands to 9-12,etc.,going back and getting bigger.

Hope that helps.

The thing that bothers me about MLG is pro points,so the already existing 8 pro teams are given easy matchups that pretty much guarantee them another top-8 placement,its tough for AM teams to break in.They need to form some kind of group play for the Championship bracket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah, I dont understand how I could have been confused Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Too many teams and too little time for a group play stage. By allowing so many teams to compete it really limits what they can do. I'm amazed they can finish in 3 days. The round robin format that would come with a group stage would just be too time consuming. I agree a better system needs to be found than "pro points", but not quite sure what they can do. The pro points kind of protect players affected by the large amount of team changes that happens in CoD.

Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Teamwise its easy to do.Champs bracket is already 32 teams,so 8 groups of 4,with 2 teams advancing from each group.The top-8 pro teams each are given the top seed in their group,hold your 4 online qualifiers,with the top-2 from each qualifier being given a spot in a group.Then Friday play out your open bracket for the last 16 spots.Saturday morning start right up with your group play to establish your 16 teams that advance out of group.Play the sweet 16 rounds saturday night to get your final 8 headed into sunday.The entire seeding system,online qualifier system,pro points system,etc,would be unchanged.

My description over-complicated it a bit,but its much easier on paper than i just described,and a far better system then the current one(CoD Champs was a group system,all the players loved it.)

The only complication would be streaming.There would be so many group games,you couldn't do what they did this way,where OpTic and Impact played every single one of their games on stream.You would either have to have a multiple stream system,or just not have your high-profile teams play every game on stream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLG Spring Championships   MLG Spring Championships Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MLG Spring Championships
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PiXeL Gaming and Clan :: Clan and Member Announcements :: General Discussion-
Jump to: