PiXeL Gaming and Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Home of ::PiXeL Gaming::

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PiXeL Gaming will be back soon for the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Most active topics
Three word Story....
ICN Tourney
Need suggestions.....
PS4 anyone?
iCn Free Tournament 5/29
PiXL Clan Members Meeting
Name Suggestions
Practice Tonight?
Ghosts coming soon
Xbox One&PS4
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of PiXeL Gaming and Clan on your social bookmarking website

PS4 anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:05 pm

After watching more and more on the Xbox One and reading some articles I think I may be going to the PS4. Anyone else leaning this way?
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Nooooo
Back to top Go down
o VyZeen

o VyZeen

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 pm

its a toss up with me.......
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Nope!
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Not at all lol.Xbox just had a big announcement 4 days ago to diffuse a lot of the things people were upset about with the xbox one.They are almost exactly the same systems,except the Xbox will have more exclusive game titles,more entertainment features,and have more stable servers(Playstation servers are always going down).If you mainly use the PS3,get the PS4.If you mainly use the 360,get the One.

Just my $0.02.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NolaTree
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Actually SeaHorse.. The Xbox One still requires a connect every 24 hours, and the used game policy is still wack. No more trade-ins to gamestop. They really are screwing themselves over on this one. I'm waiting to see a price range before I make my final decision. But right now, the PS4 is seeming like a better idea. If PS4 Online continues to be free online play, then that's a winning factor for me. I'm rather tired of paying for XBL, Internet, and then spending $60 on the new games. That's $58 a month for XBL + Internet, then $60 every 2 months, depending on the titles coming out. I also would like to play FFXI on my xbox, but that would be another fee tacked on. If Microsoft would stop charging for XBL services, then that would open up a larger market, as more MMO's would go cross platform. Believe it or not, most MMO's will run on an xbox 360 no problem. I'm actually curious how long the 24 hour verify process will take each time. I'm wondering if I'll have to wait 30 minutes for it to verify each time on my slow connection.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Once every 24 hours on your own console,or you can even play your game library on another person's console.Is there someone still playing xbox who doesn't have it constantly hooked up to the internet?Who is going to be playing Xbox while without internet for 23 hours?Even when people appear offline when they play,they still sign on,thats such an outdated complaint to have.

Trade-In's are completely up to the video game designer,not Xbox.Game studios can opt in or out of the ability to re-sell at their own discretion.Why shouldn't they?They spend millions upon millions(In some studios,billions) to design their game,they can decide if its going to be available as a used game or not,and reap the benefits or consequences of that decision.PC Gaming,far and away the most popular form of gaming today, got rid of used games years ago,and people are overwhelmingly happy with the new format,with games being offered as one day specials at a lower price,etc.

If quoting playstation's network as a factor to switch,you are going to be sorely disappointed. Our subscription to Xbox Live enabled them to buy up over 300,000 servers to support their software,and those types of numbers are why Xbox Live is always,literally always,up.Playstation?It's a well-known fact that they have had their servers go out of months,not minutes or hours,but literally weeks and months,at a time.I dunno about you,but I would rather pay my $50 dollars a year and always have access to the network.

MMO's do not exist on console's(thus far)because of the hardware and the controls,not because of subscription fees.The complexity of the button pushing required for PC MMO's does not translate over well to console controllers,and console hardware up to this point has not really made making a MMO viable for consoles,it cost more than studios believe they would make.

I obviously cannot say for sure,because I do not currently own a Xbox One(Although I will on day one) but the verification process I'm almost sure will last no longer than it does to sign in to XBL now.If you leave your Xbox in the stand by mode,I'm sure you wouldn't ever notice it.

None of this is a personal attack,but people keep spouting the PS4 as better than the Xbox One without actually considering the facts of the matter,or realizing that Sony has not released any details at all;good,bad or indifferent, until tonight(I didn't watch it so I don't know what was said)
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 am

Xbox One's price tag set at $499, while PS4 is $399. Playstation users will also have to begin paying $60 a year for online play like Xbox Live. Although PS4 took jabs at Xbox One by allowing used games, no DRM policy (connection to internet), I still think Xbox One will be the winner when its all said and done. The exclusives (Halo 5 announced today), along with the announcement of dedicated servers for online multiplayer will outweigh the used games and DRM policies.

Someone made a good point on the price tag issue though. The Xbox One will come with the Kinect, which when launched for the 360 was $150-200. While the PS4 does not come with the Playstation camera which was hyped up by Sony at the E3 briefing, by the time you purchase the PS4+Camera the prices will be basically even. You get what you pay for in the end.

tl;dr Xbox One>PS4
Back to top Go down
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:54 pm

@Seahorse, not everyone has an internet connection. There are thousands of people who actually DON'T have an internet connection. There's also a lot of people who can only have satellite, and from my past experience with wild blue, the 360 won't connect at all due to high latency. This is why it upsets me so much. Not everyone has access to a good connection, or a connection at all.
The used game policy is still bonk, a lot of us buy used games because we can't afford paying full price for all games. I've often waited months for the price of a game to come down on the used market just so I could get it. It's budget gaming, and some of us need it if we want to continue playing games.

You did make some good points, I give you credit for that. I'm also not trying to start a fight, just simply speaking for the little guys.

@Munoz, just saw that yesterday before I went into work. I'm sad about a fee for sony online, but I'll pay it. The console seems better overall, no DRM, access to good free games here and there, great titles (more impressed with their exclusives than microsofts), and the price is just about right for me. I don't really want a fancy camera with my console, If I want to use skype I just use my PC which is right by my console anyway. The kinect always being on (yes, you can disable this) actually scares me a little. Hackers are already able to tap into the 360 kinect and alter it, or spy with it. But being as all Xbox One's ship with a kinect, that worries me with security. I hope MS does a better job at getting security updates out for the Xbox One than they do with the Windows OS.

Also, I think Sony kicked Microsoft's butt at E3. Just saying Razz
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:35 pm

I promise I'm not trying to be a complete an utter dick,but if someone doesn't have Internet,maybe a brand new 500 dollar gaming console isn't the best purchase for them?I love gaming,but if it comes down to making my Internet payments or buying a Xbox,payments will come first every single time.Similarily,if I'm traveling somewhere without Internet,it's to get away from technology,not bring it with me.

I can see how the used game policy sucks,and I'm not thrilled about it either.However,it's just a matter of being smart with what games you buy.Im going to buy CoD,Fifa,2k14,and Elder Scrolls the day they come out,because I play those games religiously.I know I will like them,and I'm going to plan to have 60 dollars ready when they come out.The fact that I have to pay 60 instead of 40 will not prevent me from buying that game.But games like Assasins Creed,Titanfall,and Battlefield,that will probably be good but I won't play as much,games I usually use as trade-in fodder,I will just wait until the Black Friday sales,or until Amazon offers them as a Gold Box sale for 35 dollars,or Xbox lowers the price.There is no need to go pay 60 dollars for a game you don't know if you will like or not,that's just a waste of money,used game policy or no.

What it comes down to is that no one is going to change anyone's mind.Im going to buy a Xbox because I like their system.By al accounts,your going to buy a PS4 because you don't like the Xbox,and that's fine,that's your opinion.But keep in mind,PS4's entire marketing campaign is based around what the Xbox doesn't do,not what the PS4 does.That should worry you for the long term viability of the PS4.Xbox has spent the last decade absolutely wiping the floor with playstation,and nothing Playstation has given has led me to believe anything but that for the next decade.
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I didn't find any PS4 exclusives really intriguing. Especially since Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be available on Xbox One.
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Doesn't "Always On" for Xbox mean Red Ring? Just sayin...... Don't get me wrong, I love my 360 and yes, I do own a PS3 as well. It's just with the RR of the past the always on scares me. I don't like the fact I can't buy used games. I have two boys that game as well and we have 3 xboxes in the house now.... I can't afford 3 with not being able to buy used games or able to trade others in, it's a HUGE turn off. Now, If I could buy one copy, and the kids can play it from my library AT THE SAME TIME then it would be a HUGE win for me and I would lean towards the Xbox One. I to don't want the Kinect, no use for it. I play on a monitor, not a TV.
Back to top Go down
Munoz91

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm

I think the kinect thing is goin to sort itself out in the coming months. With all the backlash I really can't see Microsoft forcing us to use it and I'm willing to bet we won't need it come launch
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Siigz,that would be absolutely amazing,I'm hoping it's something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Xbox that was just announced is a lot different from the one that gets released,at least on the Kinect side of things.That privacy aspect leaves them vulnerable to a lawsuit,and that will change their mind quicker than anything else haha.
Back to top Go down
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Oh I forgot to point out, MMO on 360. FFXI Very Happy amazing game. Also WoW was being ported to the 360 but was shut down sadly. Also @siigz, the console will sit in a standby mode, lower power consumption. So if Red Ring happens, there's a major major flaw in the console. If a machine over heats while sitting in standby, there's greater issues present. And yes seahorse, the privacy thing will bring up concerns. Especially after someone exploits the box and records a couple getting it on, underage or of age. I sense some major lawsuits. Also, don't think about saying "that won't happen" because we all know it will. Also for FFXIV ARR, already ordered my PC version. Will look 100 times better on my PC, and I can keep upgrading to keep up with the planned graphics tweaking.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 pm

FFXI had its issues lol.The hardware specs of the PS3 and the 360 were not viable for studios to make legitmate MMO's,it just would have cost too much.WoW on console would be utterly terrible.A big part of that game was the constant button mashing,the key binds,having a mouse and keyboard that could handle lots of key binds,etc.A console controller just doesn't have that kind of functionality.Diablo 3 on console could be kind of cool though,its easier to translate to console.I think the best form of MMO to come out will be something like Elder Scrolls or Borderlands,a game studio who has designed an award winning console game,and now just has to fine tune that game for console play.

Of course there are privacy concerns,no one is questioning that.But like Munoz said,Xbox will almost certainly change the requirements of the Kinect before release day, they saw the backlash they received about that,and they dont want to get sued.Plus,how is my Xbox that is completely shut down any more susceptible to being hacked than my PC with Skype?Skype is hardly a secure platform,it gets hacked and exploited on a routine basis.

Fact of the matter is that PC Gaming is the future,and thats not changing.I will buy a One because I like shooters and sports games on console much more than I do on PC,but if I were truly hardcore about a MMO,I would play it on PC.
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:43 pm

SiiGz, Maybe i read this wrong but it sounds like they are making it easier to do exactley what you want.

"■Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One."

■You can always play your games, but only one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Wouldnt that work for you?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Used_Games_and_Rentals
Back to top Go down
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

@Seahorse, not everyone has skype installed. That was something I was pointing out. Everyone Xbox One, will come with a kinect. Not every PC comes with skype. But from what they have said, the Xbox One is always On. It sits in standby, the kinect will wait for a command, and then execute that command. When they were showing it off he said the words "xbox one on" or something like that, and the console turned on. That shows that the console will always be powered on, which means it can be accessed, unless they completely disable internet connectivity when the xbox is in standby. See what I'm saying? I just see it being a larger security risk. : /
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm

No,it will not always be powered on.That's a setting.You can turn that setting off.Then your Xbox is off.

Is the Xbox One perfect?No,its not,and I haven't heard a single person argue otherwise.But the PS4's ENTIRE MARKETING PLAN is based around what the One doesn't do.It even has damn commercials about that.At no point does it discuss its own features or allow itself to be examined.So right now in June both the consumer and Microsoft have discovered something that could turn buyers off.That now gives Microsoft 5 MONTHS to find a solution to this problem,something that the Xbox side of Microsoft is very,very good at,which is why they outsold the Playstation by such a massive amount.Xbox is completely opening itself up right now and allowing everyone to examine it under a microscope.It makes it look worse than the Playstation right now,but E3 just gave Xbox a load of information on how to improve the One before release.Playstation meanwhile haven't opened themselves up to that criticism,we hadn't even seen the PS4 until last night.They don't have that consumer feedback on their console,so any cons about this system will not be discovered until the day you actually buy it.Me personally,if I'm sinking this much money into something,I want to know everything before I buy it.I don't like being surprised by a 400 or 500 dollar piece of equipment.This is Microsoft making a short-term sacrifice in order to enhance the long-term viability,which sounds pretty damn good to me.

Again,each person's opinion is their own.If you don't like the Xbox,don't buy one.If you have crappy internet,go buy a PS4 and play offline.However,I personally want a system that is attempting to improve its long-term viability,not the one that is being designed solely on the negatives of its competition.
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

..or you can join me with both systems.
Back to top Go down
NolaTree

NolaTree

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 pm

kingnod wrote:
..or you can join me with both systems.

I will eventually,but not until a price drop,and not until I see a really fun exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 pm

you're right, everyone has their opinions. If I end up with an extra $500 to spare, I'll pick one up just to take apart lol. But I prolly won't be getting a PS4 either. I have a feeling my 3D printer is gonna be taking up all of my time when I get it. Along with the Oculus rift, and the Ouya. Also as I discussed with karma earlier, xbox 360 won't be dieing off anytime soon, so we always have that as a backup.
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 pm

So yeah. Wii U anyone? *crickets*
Back to top Go down
Itachimaru4242

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Actually yes Alk. forcing my parents to trade their Wii in and I'll pay the extra to get the Wii U :3 I wanna try it out.
Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm still a sucker for Zelda games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS4 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 anyone?   PS4 anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PiXeL Gaming and Clan :: Clan and Member Announcements :: General Discussion-
Jump to: